Sunday, December 23, 2012

And then it was Christmas...

So.  I am, for the first time in 26 years, not a student.  And it is fantastic :-)
I completed grad school in November, slept for several days, woke up and decided to start sewing for Christmas.  I've always sewn and made presents, but for the past decade it has been largely a means of procrastination and thus slightly tinted with feelings of guilt.  There was generally something more important that I should be doing, but nothing as fun as late night binding or pressing seams open.  (that's how boring most of grad school has been.)  But I got that email from my committee approving my dissertation and didn't look back. 

First there was the table runner.

(that the dogs smashed)
 
 


Then there were stockings.
 


And bunting.


And dogs wrestling on top of bunting.


More table runners.


Aprons.


Towels. (Towels!)


More dogs on quilts.
(It's ok because I'm wagging my tail, right?)

Two days left, and a few more projects to go.  But this is the first Christmas in a long time that I have not been recovering from surgery, packing to leave the country for months, or stressed out about deadlines.  And it is wonderful.







No comments:

Post a Comment